Thursday, August 27, 2009

Flake-y.

This is exactly what I don't want to become, F L A K E -Y. I've created this blog with the intention to blog if not everyday then at least once a week. I've been keeping myself busy, primarily with getting rid of stuff and hoping to gain a few cents (literally) from it. I've been taking pictures, uploading them, figuring how to better navigate ebay and swapping clothes on DigNSwap. At first I was weary about DigNSwap, because it's not a guarantee that you'll get the item but most people on the site do genuinely want to exchange their stuff. Let's face it, we have more junk than we'd like to admit but too attached to just let them go and so we trade in things to replace object#158220.

I've been reading a lot of finance/budget/debt blogs and it really gets me motivated to saving and planning for the future/retirement. I have to be more strict with myself, I can't possibly live off of unemployment forever (though Obama's making it a little easier these days.) Hey, I'm not complaining, I'm very grateful in fact... I just don't like it when people rub it in my face, telling me to get a job NOW. If it was that easy, I think I would've gotten one by now, thank you very much... Anyway, I think I'm becoming more budget savvy. One current transaction that stuck to me was when I got suckered into a 2 for $5 toothpaste deal at pathmark and realize when I got home that it was buy 1 get 1 free at rite aid. (kicks self in the a**, let's keep it pg`13.) So what did I learn? Always, always make a list and always compare prices, if I don't need it right then and there, I could hold off.

I love going to supermarkets and pharmacies though, it feels like I could buy whatever I want and they have everything, and I mean everything. I'm going to devote myself to buying only what I need and buying it on sale, w/a coupon, etc.

Le boyfriend and I went on a little getaway by ourselves,... *drum rolls* we went CAMPING! It was an experience, the first time alone together on a trip. I can't say I was prepared but it wasn't too shabby. I've learned a thing or two, gotta have more patience with myself and others (esp. le boyfriend) I feel like sometimes he does spoil me, at least when he's around to spoil me :) Again, I can't complain, I'm very lucky to have him in my life and he makes me smile... *gush* heh

This is turning out to be a longer post than I expected. In other news, my little brother left for college today. His room is empty but I swear I could still smell him, I think that just goes to show how much cologne he wears. I took his mid-size fridge and guess what I found, BEER and a stack of cups, looks like he's all ready for college, haha. Gosh, I feel old. I gave him some money and a bag of chips. I'm debating whether or not to send him a package 'cause ya'kno, been there done that... easy to get homesick.

Edit: Credit where credit is due, le bf took the pic of me in stiff as a board. hah (hi honey!)

No comments:

Post a Comment