Wednesday, December 28, 2011

The old and the new. 2012, BRING IT- I think.

I needed to jot down a few thoughts here:

  • clothing ban (jan-...) we'll see how long I could do this for, this doesn't include purchasing "necessities," i.e. sheets, towels, curtains, etc.
  • Using up all the items I have in my cabinet, face creams and all the makeup that's been collecting dust.
  • SAVE more, yes- even more than I am right now. I need to prioritize, I'm in the latter part of my 20s and do I really need to go out every weekend? Hm.
  • SAVE for travel, ahem* the trip in July will need a lot of reinforcement especially since B doesn't have any income. I don't mind forking out for the trip, I just want to be prepared. We're both willing/prefer traveling on a shoestring.
  • be more ASSERTIVE at work. sometimes I feel like a pushover and can't help but think perhaps we feed into these gender stereotypes.
  • I'm excited for 2012 but more than anything else, I'm nervous. I'm not sure what to expect. Last year, all I wanted was a job and I got more than what I asked for; I landed a part time weekend job and then got lucky enough to stumble upon a temp agency which placed me faster than I thought. So, for 6 months I was working 7 days a week, yup- you read that correctly. 7 days. about 6months before I finally mustered the strength to quit my weekend job. All this time I was afraid to say yes to a perm weekday gig and missed out on some loot.
  • I'm not sure what I want to accomplish this year and it scares me. I don't want to be without any goals but I guess I have enough on my plate for now.
  • B & I are doing well, he's going through some sort of metamorphosis and I have to remind myself to be more supportive, patient and understanding. I really wish to be that person for him and I hope I could pull through.
I'm sure I have a lot more things to lay out. Right now, I can't help but daydream about sunshine. It's frigid cold and I feel weak, this must be a sign to drink my liquids and get my 8hrs.

No comments:

Post a Comment